Oh for the love of Pinterest!! What an amazing site, I can't describe how that site is truly a part of my daily routine, and all of the wonderful information I have found has really helped me in so many ways! I have enjoyed everything from recipes, decorations, even down to fitness tips and routines. It is an amazing site for sure. And I love sharing different things that I have found on Pinterest and re-created. And this is one worth sharing for sure!!
Last weekend I was feeling the urge to make something sweet and had a craving for some sugar cookies. It was a sweet little goodie that I could make using ingredients that were already in my pantry and didn't require a trip to the grocery store. I ran across this wonderful recipe from Keeping it Cozy for what she calls Pat's Sugar Cookies (it was a reader submission from another blog called Home on Grange Hall Road).
These cookies were easy to make, and I put a little twist to them as well.
Perfect Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour (I used cake flour - it was all I had in my pantry) This made them really light and fluffy and the taste was more cakey.
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Sprinkles for decoration
1. Cream together thoroughly butter, oil, powdered sugar and granulated sugar
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth
3. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Blend well.
4. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes
5. Roll teaspoons of dough into balls, then roll in granulated sugar -I used sprinkles for some color and spark!!
6. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet
7. Flatten with fingers - she called for a fork, I didn't want the crisscross on the cookie because of the sprinkles.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes (11 minutes was recommend by the original recipe maker - it was perfect for my oven)
9. Leave cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes after taking out of oven, them move to wire racks
This recipe makes A LOT OF COOKIES! I had so many that my neighbors got a dozen and so did my parents! So make sure you have some folks to share these with. They will love you for it and it will make their day too! Enjoy!!!
~Until Next Time...